#BacktoHogwarts

Hello and welcome to my first blog entry. As today marks September 1st, I cannot not join in the global celebration of #BacktoHogwarts as young wizards and witches prepare to embark on the most magical and wonderful journey. 

As someone who grew up with the books and movies, for years I wanted to go to Kings Cross Station on September 1st, at 11:00 am sharp, and run through Platform 9 3/4. 

As the pandemic broke and the world went crazy, once again, I had to put the visit to Harry Potter Studio in London back on the bucket list. 

I was 11 when I got introduced to the magical world of Harry Potter. And the shadow of the Potterhead has been walking beside me ever since: comforting me; embracing me when I thought I was alone; welcoming me when I felt unwelcomed everywhere else.

For a very long time I thought I would be sorted into Gryffindor. Who wouldn't want to be? After all, for once, in a world before the Internet, all I wanted was to feel included, to be in the winning house. So much so, when Pottermore first came to be, and I took the test, I was sorted into Hufflepuff. Needless to say, I was gutted and kept insisting on my Gryffindor traits. Even when colleagues and friends told me otherwise. 

It was only recently, 10 years from the original test, when I retook the test and got sorted into Hufflepuff again that I understood why. I embraced it, embraced my Hufflepuff traits with pride and humility.


Come to think of it, it was silly really because the House we are sorted into doesn't define us- our actions do! 

The strongest friendships were formed after bonding over Harry Potter, and I am blessed to still have these friends in my life after all these years. Because no matter where we got sorted, no matter where we are in life, being part of this magical world means being part of a community full of amazing people, who are welcoming and accepting. Wands are always at ready at any time of day whenever you need to unwind and connect with fellow potterheads on the various platforms.

Be it the famous 

"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.”

or the first notes from Hedwig's Song, the magical world of Harry Potter will always be home!





Comments

  1. Fantastic start to your blog :) Looking forward for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful entry. Really reminded me of my love for Harry Potter and the magic of Harry Potter. Always there to comfort you, like a favourite blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, welcome :) It does, doesn't it? I am finding that the older I get, the more appreciative I am of being part of this world.

      Delete
  3. Our childhood likes often bleed into our adulthood, making them part of our identity. I'm sorry you missed going to the Harry Potter studios, but here's to hoping you can go next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Here's to hoping for a better year next year :) and we adapt to a new normal while creating more memories and live our childhood dreams.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts