Speechless

 



Hi,

Welcome back to my ramblings. I hope you are well and safe. I don't normally write anything with my poetry. However this deserves a line or two.

There is a clear and distinctive contrast between the last two stanzas and the beginning of the poem. To be honest with you, the last two stanzas were the intended tone of this poem. With current news, events and their actors, there is very little room for astonishment. However, I admit, whenever I think I cannot be surprised, I am challenged to rethink again. This example was a prime one, prompting me to write this poem. First to celebrate the arts, which yet again, proved to be an important companion for me and am sure many others. However secondly to remember the fact that the President of one of the most important Nations advised his constituents to consume Clorox to combat Covid - on this note, for all that is sane - DO NOT CONSUME, INHALE OR INJECT CLOROX OR ANYTHING KIND OF DISINFECTANT OR BLEACH. (Be careful even when cleaning with it).

On this note, please stay safe. Follow social distancing protocols, wear masks, carry wipes and hand sanitizers at all times to instantly clean your hands or surfaces, avoid crowds, and wash your hands regularly. Even if the numbers in your area are small, still follow this simple protocol. These guidelines should be the norm since Covid-19 is not the only form of corona-virus we will be facing this coming flu season.

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. I hope this poem brought you to smile, even if the situation is not the best it can be at the moment. 

Until next week stay well & stay safe.

L

Comments

  1. Actually Donald Trump14/10/20 18:52

    This has got to be the greatest poem in the history of poems ... Believe me! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts